HURRICANE SEASON 2020
Monthly areas of origin and tracks:
HURRICANE SEASON PREPAREDNESS
Review your hurricane plan now. If you do not have one, get a hurricane plan in place now!
BE PREPARED FOR HURRICANE SEASON!
1. Develop a family plan;
2. Have a pet plan;
3. Have a place to go;
4. Secure your home;
5. Create a disaster supply kit;
6. Withdraw cash from ATM &
7. Fill up vehicles with gasoline.
PLANNING AHEAD CAN PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!
GET READY, BUILD YOUR HURRICANE KIT TODAY!
1. Bottled water: One gallon per person, per day;
2. Food: Ready-to-eat, nonperishable or canned foods and a manual can opener;
3. Table needs, like plastic utensils, paper plates and paper towels;
4. First aid: Bandages, sterile gloves, medications, prescription drugs, etc.;
5. Hygiene items: Toilet paper, moist towelettes, soap, toothpaste, etc.;
6. Child care supplies: Diapers, baby wipes, formula, etc.;
7. Sanitation: Garbage bags and cleaning supplies such as chlorine bleach;
8. Radio: Battery-powered with extra batteries;
9. Phone: Rotary, cell or other model that does not require electricity;
10. Lighting: Flashlights, lanterns, candles and waterproof matches;
11. Signaling device: Whistle or horn &
12. Backups: Extra charger for cellphone, spare set of keys, extra eye glasses.
OTHER ITEMS TO KEEP HANDY:
1. COPIES OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, 2. CASH, 3. CAMERA, 4. RAIN GEAR, 5. TOOLS, 6. PET SUPPLIES