HURRICANE SEASON 2022
Monthly areas of origin and tracks:
There are certain factors that will be critical for the outcome of this season, please take note of the following.
CRITICAL FACTORS FOR THIS HURRICANE SEASON
Warm sea temperatures
Mostly neutral conditions
The expected average to above average sea surface temperatures across the Atlantic basin, with warm to very warm sea surface temperatures across the subtropical area of the Atlantic. Warm sea surface temperatures feed tropical cyclones and provide these with fuel to develop and strengthen.
The presence of Neutral conditions during the whole season or during most of the season. This would generally lead to favorable conditions across the Atlantic basin with around average wind shear.
HURRICANE SEASON PREPAREDNESS
Review your hurricane plan now. If you do not have one, get a hurricane plan in place now!
BE PREPARED FOR HURRICANE SEASON!
1. Develop a family plan;
2. Have a pet plan;
3. Have a place to go;
4. Secure your home;
5. Create a disaster supply kit;
6. Withdraw cash from ATM &
7. Fill up vehicles with gasoline.
PLANNING AHEAD CAN PROTECT YOUR FAMILY!
GET READY, BUILD YOUR HURRICANE KIT TODAY!
1. Bottled water: One gallon per person, per day;
2. Food: Ready-to-eat, nonperishable or canned foods and a manual can opener;
3. Table needs, like plastic utensils, paper plates and paper towels;
4. First aid: Bandages, sterile gloves, medications, prescription drugs, etc.;
5. Hygiene items: Toilet paper, moist towelettes, soap, toothpaste, etc.;
6. Child care supplies: Diapers, baby wipes, formula, etc.;
7. Sanitation: Garbage bags and cleaning supplies such as chlorine bleach;
8. Radio: Battery-powered with extra batteries;
9. Phone: Rotary, cell or other model that does not require electricity;
10. Lighting: Flashlights, lanterns, candles and waterproof matches;
11. Signaling device: Whistle or horn &
12. Backups: Extra charger for cellphone, spare set of keys, extra eye glasses.
OTHER ITEMS TO KEEP HANDY:
1. COPIES OF IMPORTANT DOCUMENTS, 2. CASH, 3. CAMERA, 4. RAIN GEAR, 5. TOOLS, 6. PET SUPPLIES